In a recent article on the Entertainment Weekly site, Heroes' creator apologizes for season two and promises changes for the future. The full story is here:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html
The good news?
- the end of this episode arc can function as a season finale, should the writers strike hold up volume three
- he apologized for West and mentioned that a lot of newbies won't make it past Dec 3rd
The bad news?
- a lot of newbies won't make it past 12/3. While something in the article makes me think that Kristen Bell will be okay (although I wouldn't miss her at all), I worry that Monica won't make it. I think the Wonder Twins are very dead though
- He apologized for romance in Heroes. I have no problems with romance in the show, it just has to be complicated. I actually liked Hiro/Yaeko. Claire/West is creepy as hell and needs to stop, but I don't want love to never be on the table in this show
- writers strike = serious delay in volume 3.
What do you think? Is the creator right about all that went "wrong"? What new directions do you think this will take Heroes in?